What Garage Doors Intruders Prefer10/17/2013 Back To Blog
Thieves and those who engage in criminal activities have their own codes of communication and choose their targets with certain criteria. Each house takes specific protection measures and every household has its own way of shielding its security against crime, but intruders know very well which measures are effective and can make their lives difficult as well as which houses or garage doors may be broken in easily. There is definitely not a single way to ensure complete security because you never know who you are dealing with, but the least you can do is take your measures and update the systems often.
Intruders don't mess with castles
- You just have to make sure that the opener works properly and the door opens and closes as it should because you never know who might be watching your house and moves.
- If intruders are watching then you should write a big sign for them reading that you have the best alarm system, which is also connected to the aluminum overhead doors and fabulous high tech cameras that give you the chance of surveillance at all times. Thieves don't want to take their chances and they usually move on to a less protected property.
- You should invest on a good door, which will separate the garage from the rest of the house. This action doesn't secure your car and garage area, but at least you would know that no one would approach your private rooms.
- You should do garage door maintenance often in order to ensure that all parts are stable, perform at their best and the system is upgraded to the latest word of technology.
- You should trap intruders by installing sensors all over that will activate lights in the yard and around the garage. This is a very good idea that will make you feel safer and discourage the thieves.
- Take care of the remote controls and never leave them on plain sight. If they are stolen, it's like you're practically inviting them into your home.